Thursday, June 11, 2009

End of Week 2!

Wednesday was a pretty boring day....I got up and went to school...attempted to teach past tense of verbs which ended up being EXTREMELY hard to do because of the language barrier and then came back for lunch, swahili lessons, and then a long nap before dinner. After dinner we went down to an outdoor bar to hear the musical group from last week put on a show. They even got us up to dance with them a few times!

Today has been great! I got up this morning early and went to breakfast and made my way down to Mbaruku Primary. The kids were all really excited today because it is most of them last few days before their winter break (because its their winter here). We took our kids out to play the game Indian Cheif and before we knew it the entire school had come out and joined us. So we had like 200 kids all playing together! It was a blast! After that we took our class back in and played hangman...They thought the little hanging character was really funny and they were really good at the game too! Since we were making today just a fun day, we took the class out to play some soccer (their favorite part of the whole day!) & I decided to play soccer instead of sit with the girls. It makes all of the boys really excited when I play and all of the girls think its really cool that I know how and can keep up with all of them! haha. We had sooooo much fun on the field today....and they kids are RIDICULOUSLY good at soccer! Their 8 year olds are just as good as our 18 year olds here LOL! I scored 2 goals back to back today and they thought that was like the coolest thing ever...all the girls ran up to me and gave me hugs and all the boys ran to give me high fives! It was too much fun! After their break it was time for us to leave so I came back to the house and finished packing and took a shower....& now I am about to board my jeep for my safari that I'll be on for the next few days! So I must go...but expect a great blog on Monday when I get back from Safari! It should be amazing..I can't wait! Hope all of you at home are doing well and I will see you all soon!!! (Shout out to Faith T too! since you asked for one! haha) <3 yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment